Born in 1984
- he studied Jazz guitar at the Conservatory of Music „Hanns Eisler“ and „Berlin Jazz Institute“ with Manfred Dierkes and Kurt Rosenwinkel.Workshops with Mark Whitfield, Aaron Goldberg, Marc Dressler, Chris Potter and Hank Jones. Intensiv private studies in classical guitar literature, flamenco, brazilan and acoustic guitar music.
- Continuous work as Composer and Leader with Robert Keßler Group, Klezmeyers, Oscars Delight und Voz Y La Guitarra with CD productions, concerts and tours throughout Germany and Europe
- In 2008 his debut album „Jasmin“ was released, which was nominated for Archtop Germany’s „album of the year“.
- Live and session guitar player in the fields of jazz, blues-rock, pop and worldmusic, with artists such as Jocelyn B. Smith, New York Voices, Elen Wendt, Christian Meyers Nachtcafé, Marc Secara, Jiggs Whigham, Berlin Jazz Orchestra, Vocal Invitation, Lili Dahab, Dietrich Koch Big Band, Berlin Big Band, Cafe du Jazz, Son Madol, Mantigo … Sessionwork for movie, telvision and commercial productions
- in 2011 he started playing the Principal guitarist at the Theater des Westens for the Stage Entertainment Abba production Mamma Mia and guitar player for the Udo Lindenberg Musical Hinterm Horizont, Chicago, Tanz der Vampire and Ich war noch niemals in New York at the Stage Theater am Potsdamer Platz.
- Professor and leader of the degree program Popular Music at the Berlin SRH Hochschule der populären Künste (hdpk),
- He has a teaching assognment at the Berlin University of music Hanns Eisler, at the Jazzinstitut Berlin – Bach Gymnasium.
- He is doing guitar/ jazz workshops and is the guitar coach for „Telekom Music Talent Space“
- Klezmeyers - Klezmeyers ( 2017)
- Elen Wendt - Elen ( 2015)
- Klezmeyers - Emilias Lächeln ( 2015)
- Robert Keßler Group, Night Stories (2010)
- Spell and String, Lauschangriff (2010)
- Son Madol, Sly Ranja Loca (2009)
- Robert Keßlers Goya, Jasmin (2008)
Working and main research
- Live and session guitar player
- Composition Jazz, Flamenco, Rock
- Improvisation,Theory of harmony, melody and rhythm
Plays... amongst others
New York Voices, Elen Wendt, Udo Lindenberg, Jiggs Whigham, John Hollenbeck, Jan von Klewitz, Greg Bown, Finn Wiesner, Rolf von Nordenskjöld, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Manfred Dierkes, Karl Schloz,Tanja Pannier, Marc Muellbauer, Rolf Zielke, Lily Dahab, Max Hacker, David Beecroft, Hubert Nuss, Robert Lingnau, Tobias Relenberg, Robin Draganic, CD Bandorff, Peter Weniger, Ignaz Dinné, Florian Trübsbach, Niels Klein, Matthias Bergman, Simon Harrer, Judy Niemegk, Manfred Dierkes, Gregoire Peters, Thomas Koch, Bernhard Ullrich, Eddie Hayes, Matthias Harig, James Scannell, Kai Schönburg, Dietrich Koch, Rolo Rodriguez, Thomy Jordi, Tino Derado, Robby Geerken, Diego Pinera, …
To the website of Robert Keßler