We use cookies to constantly optimize our website by analyzing the site visits. For more information about the cookies we use and how to disable them, please see our Privacy Policy.








University hdpk international Incoming Students
Incoming Students

Incoming students

Information for international students

Applicants with university entrance qualifications from EU-countries, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland or any of the 133 German Schools abroad need to submit their application together with a certified translation of their certificate.

Applicants from other countries than those listed above need to submit their certificates to uni-assist for verification. uni-assist is a service-provider to students and universities.

Please send a certified copy of your school-leaving certificate, in English, German or French to uni-assist. uni-assist will only examine documents issued in one of these three languages; in case your certificate was issued in any other language you will need to have it translated before submitting it.

Please also include a completed hdpk application form, as this is required by uni-assist to allocate your documents to the university you’ve applied for, and communicate the results to the hdpk.

uni-assist examines if the submitted school/ university certificates are equivalent to German school/ university degrees, i.e. whether they qualify in principle for admission to university studies in Germany. Verification by uni-assist is indispensable for studying at the SRH Hochschule der populären Künste (hdpk).

Please submit a certified copy of your certificate to uni-assist (by mail only), together with a fully completed hdpk-application form:

uni-assist e.V.
Helmholtzstr. 2-9
10587 Berlin

Should you require additional information, please contact uni-assist at service@uni-assist.de , or phone +49 30 666 44 345.

Handling fees to be paid by students for evaluation of international certificates and the preliminary examination of the application documents for the first university are 75.00 EUR. The fee for each additional application to a further university within the same semester is 15.00 EUR.

All information pertaining to recognition of you certificate(s) as well as detailed information on the entire procedure is available at www.uni-assist.de

Once you’ve gone through this procedure, you will be subject to the same admission criteria as students with German school certificates.

Preparing for Germany

International students often need a visa to enter Germany. Sometimes they also need a residence permit. Whether you need these documents depends on which country you are from and how long you intend to stay.

Informations about the entering processes without and with visa you find at the DAAD

Language requirements

For courses are held in German at hdpk, non-native speakers are therefore required to include evidence of their proficiency in German. The following certificates will be accepted:

  • TestDaF (minimum TDN 3)
  • DSH-2
  • Goethe-certificate B2
  • Goethe-certificate Deutsch für den Beruf (BULATS)

Certificates issued by other institutes need to at least meet Level B2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) and will need to be confirmed by us prior to admission.




Language courses offered

Our partner SRH Hochschule Berlin offers a variety of German language courses. For further information please refer to the SRH Berlin language program

Information for Incoming ERASMUS+ Students

Within the framework of an Erasmus+ exchange program or any other exchange program, international students are admitted without having to pay tuition fees. Exchange students usually spend one semester at SRH Hochschule der populären Künste (hdpk) without taking a degree.


Exchange students must be nominated by their home university. Please send *name, *e-mail address,* study program directly to the International Office. The nomination will then be confirmed and processed by the respective faculty in a specific selection procedure.

Language Requirements

Please note that an English language level of at least B2 is required in order to attend courses taught in English. If exchange students are fluent in German (B2), they are of course most welcome to attend courses taught in German as well. It is the responsibility of the partner university to confirm the language ability, however hdpk might request confirmation of language skills by means of a Skype interview.

Course Catalogues

Pleaser refer to our course catalogues (under Modulkataloge) for our current course offerings. Class schedules are published usually four weeks before the start of the semester and will be send to you in advance.

Semester Dates

The summer semester starts on the first Monday in April. The winter semester starts on the first Monday in October. Introduction courses are held one week before (Wednesday to Friday) for which you will receive a special invitation.

Additional Costs

Please note that although we will waive any tuition for incoming students under the ERASMUS+ program there is a semester fee for the student public transport ticket (193,80 EUR for six months) and the Berlin StudierendenWERK (95,00 EUR).

Useful Information

Accommodation & Living Expenses 

Finding a place to live in Berlin can be difficult. There are a number of web resources that might help you finding a room or small apartment. Studenten WG is a German Website for flat shares. WOLOHO (partially in English) is a weekly newsletter for finding housing, jobs, and love ;-). A single room in a shared flat ranges from 300 to 500 EUR.

Living expenses in Berlin are lower than in other Western European capitals. Depending on your style of living, you should expect to spend around 500 EUR/month for food and the fun stuff you will be doing on the weekends.

Public Transport

When you are enrolled as a visiting or regular student at hdpk you will receive a mandatory ticket for the Berlin public transport system (BVG). The cost for six months is 193,80 EUR.